Lorena was born in Ecuador and raised in Venezuela. Upon completion of school she moved to the Northern Virginia area. Lorena then met John Bobbitt, and married at a very young age. Throughout her marriage she was a victim of domestic violence. Today, Lorena no longer considers herself a victim of domestic violence. With the formation of her non profit organization (Lorena’s Red Wagon), she is now able to speak out against domestic violence.The primary function of her organization is to try to prevent domestic violence through family oriented activities.
The organization takes on many other roles, such as:
- Working with local and national government organizations, helping to create stricter and more enforceable domestic violence laws.
- Working with various shelters within the community, soliciting donations on behalf of the shelters, thus helping the shelter to provide meals, food, and clothing for the families in the shelter.
- Coordinating with local businesses to help provide over 200 hot meals to needy families for Thanksgiving, along with coordinating a toy drive to provide needy children with presents during the holiday season.
- Opening up a retail store to sell donated products, with the proceeds going to building an additional shelter in the Northern Virginia and Los Angeles, California, areas.
- Works with numerous other organizations, such as the Breast Cancer Foundation, Hilda Barg Homeless Shelter, Acts, Turning Point, Salvation Army, Goodwill, Barn Transitional Housing, and the Women’s Center.
Lorena thoroughly enjoys the work that she does, and has continued to move in a forward direction by continually taking college level courses, obtaining her real estate license, and actively pursues a career in the real estate field. She has also obtained her cosmetology license.
Lorena is actively involved in her daughter's school functions by serving on the PTO and partaking in numerous school activities. Lorena currently resides in the Northern Virginia and Los Angeles, California areas, and is the proud parent of a lovely 5 year old girl.